Friday 5 October 2012

Wishing Potion


I wanted the last potion to be something the Brownies could take home as a keepsake from their potions lesson. I therefore came up with the idea of making a wishing potion. I got the idea to mix coloured water and oil from this blog. I also thought adding glitter would make them even more pretty.
Firstly we half-filled an empty herb-jar with bubotuber pus. (vegetable oil)
I then let them choose a colour:
And some glitter:

After filling their jar with their chosen coloured water and a couple of pinches of glitter, I taped the lids to the jars. I think this was the most tricky part and there were quite a few leaks and jars I had to retape. I think if I did this again I'd take the gluegun and glue the lids on.

I told them that each time they shook the jar they could make a wish but they couldn't make another wish until the contents had settled back down.

No comments:

Post a Comment